Friday, November 16, 2012

This is real, this is me.

Oh my I feel like I am on cloud nine right now!  But not from being in love with a man but for being in love with my major.  My Family relations class is truly amazing.  It is so cool to be having a hard time with something or understanding something in life, but don't worry this class helps me to figure it out.  Today we talked about how to counsel with others and that everyone needs to be involved in it not just you or whoever is head making the decisions.  Here at BYU-Idaho I am the Relief Society of my ward.  I would kind of take charge or also not know what to do.  Today though I opened my minds more of that the other girls can help just as much as I could, they can receive revelation to help as well.
Being able to counsel can help in families just as much.  If there is big major issues you can sit down as a family and together hear everyone's thoughts and what they think.  It is good to have that bond of making choices together as a family and not have one person, this can be important to have a family unified and have peace.  We should have a special time and place to hold these meetings. Start with talking about how much you appreciate that person and what they do.  A pray is always good to have as well so that the Lord's presence can be there to make the best outcome for your family.  Talk about what is going on and try to come to a conclusion and then make sure to thank the Lord afterwards to help you.  Bring a little bit a chocolate for afterwards so that you can talk afterwards and enjoy some chocolate together.
Learning all of this makes me excited to help better my family in the future and also the one I have now even though I don't live with them at home anymore.  I can't wait to keep learning and so that I can hopefully help people in their lives as well.
~m

No comments:

Post a Comment