Monday, November 19, 2012

Mother I love you, Mother I do.

Being raised by my mother has been so important to me.  My Dad was there too but my mom was a stay at home mom growing up.  I remember her being there until about junior high and I remember how that affected me too.  Not having my mom their when I got home from school was weird because she wasn't there to ask me how my day ways.  I would go over to my friends house and sit with her until my mom got home so that I could talk to her.  It wasn't a horrible thing but those couple of years I missed it.
For me I know it is important to be there for my children.  If I don't teach my children then someone else will and it may be stuff that I don't agree with.  Sometimes you do need the extra help but it is important for children to have their parents.
Another example is when my oldest sister was born she was watched by my Aunt while my mom and dad worked.  Well one day my sister called my Aunt Mom and my mom said nope and that was the end of that.  She quit her job and then raised four children.
I love my parents and for always being there for me.  I am really close to them and the older we are all getting as siblings and parents we are able to become more like friends and not just a parent/child relationship.  Again I know that is because they were around while growing up, and still now, in everything we do.
~m

No comments:

Post a Comment